FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST (OCTOBER 15 - OCTOBER 21, 2018)
React UI component playgrounds for 2018, best ways to improve the frontend loading performance, optimistic offline-first apps with Vuex, Webpack 4 and Babel 7 to create a fantastic React app, the Firefox shape path editor, and more. Keep on reading!
• Why don’t we add a <lovely> element to HTML?
• About static site generators
• Deploying frontend applications — the fun way
• Using the Web Audio API
• Advanced techniques: creating sound, sequencing, timing, scheduling
• Start Performance Budgeting
• Best ways to improve the front end loading performance
• Another PWA + AMP success story: Superbalist cuts page load time to lift conversion rate by 26%
• Favicon Checker - Compare your favicons on all major web browsers, including native dark and light modes.
• What's New In DevTools (Chrome 71)
• termtosvg — Record terminal sessions as SVG animations
• create a webpage with just markdown
• Accessibility Cheatsheet
• WordPress, Accessibility, and Gutenberg
• I have resigned as the WordPress accessibility team lead. Here is why.
• How to make the impossible possible in CSS with a little creativity
• Valid CSS Content
• How I remember CSS Grid properties
• The Firefox Shape Path Editor
• Does your interviewee understand CSS layouts?
• CSS Previous sibling selectors and how to fake them
• 5 things you can do in CSS-in-JS that you didn’t know about
• New Releases: Ember 3.4, ESLint v5.7.0, Aurelia-CLI v1.0.0-beta.1, The New Aurelia-CLI Auto-tracing Bundler
• Using Event Bus to Share Props Between Vue Components
• 12 companies that have utilized Vue.js in their applications
• Optimistic Offline-First Apps With Vuex
• Working an application in Vue.js with TDD — An extensive guide for people who have time — part 1
• What You Need to Know about Vue CLI 3
• React.js: a better introduction to the most powerful UI library ever created.
• OOP and RxJS: Managing State in React with Akita
• 11 React UI Component Playgrounds for 2018
• How to combine Webpack 4 and Babel 7 to create a fantastic React app
• What's New in Create React App 2.0 Video Series
• Do You Need to Know React as a WordPress Developer?
• Testing React Applications with react-testing-library
• Full Stack Radio: 99: Tim Neutkens - Building React Apps with Next.js
• Announcing the First Stable Release of Angular Console — The UI for the Angular CLI
• Nested Forms in Angular 6
• Angular 6 References: Styling, Routing
• Angular & Chart.js (with ng2-charts)
• Building Full-Stack Applications Using Angular CLI and Nx
- Libs & Plugins:
• mb — Exception-free nested nullable attribute accessor.
• Muze — Build composable visualizations for the web with a data-first approach.
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox