FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST (NOVEMBER 12 - NOVEMBER 18, 2018)
5 reasons static sites rock, keyboard-only focus styles, page flip layout, Node.js offline PDF documentation, an overview of render props in React, Angular app with Angular CLI in a couple of minutes, and more. Keep on reading!
• Chrome Dev Summit 2018 - All Sessions
• Web.dev by Google - the ultimate resource for developers of all backgrounds to learn, create, and solve on the web.
• The Power of Web Components
• 5 Reasons Static Sites Rock!
• Highlights from Chrome Dev Summit 2018
• The Virtual DOM is slow. Meet the Memoized DOM.
• Peeking under the hood of redesigned Gmail
• FE webdev on iPad Pro (2018)
• Why using `tabindex` values greater than “0” is bad
• Performance Postmortem: Mapbox Studio (large React - Redux app that renders data to a WebGL canvas with the help of Mapbox GL).
• Inlining or Caching? Both Please!
• Measure, Optimize & Monitor.
• Up to speed with web performance
• Page Flip Layout
• flashlight effect at haunted house
• Developer page concept (digital design)
• The “C” in CSS: The Cascade
• How to Remove Unused CSS for Leaner CSS Files
• Difference between currentColor & Custom Properties
• Hardcore CSS calc( )
• Keyboard-Only Focus Styles
• How the team behind basecamp.com uses CSS Grid in production
• Promise chaining is dead. Long live async/await
• Why Facebook's api starts with a for loop
• After two years with TypeScript – was it worth it?
• How to use NodeJS without frameworks and external libraries
• Node.js Offline PDF Documentation
• Execution context and the call stack — visually illustrated by a slice of tasty cake
• Evan You Previews Vue.js 3.0
• Creating Your First Vue.js PWA Project
• How We Use Redux & Redux-Observable with Vue (v3.0 journal)
• Offline-First Vue Apps with Hoodie & Workbox
• Design Better UX With Vue.js Transitions and Animations
• Vuex Explained Visually
• Why React Hooks, and how did we even get here?
• These are the concepts you should know in React.js (after you learn the basics)
• An Overview of Render Props in React
• Build a React To-Do App with React Hooks (No Class Components)
• How to use React.lazy and Suspense for components lazy loading
• Hooked on hooks: how to use React’s useReducer()
• Make React reactive by using Hooks
• Angular - All Talks from AngularConnect Over the Years (2015-2018)
• Starting an Angular App with Angular CLI in a couple of minutes
- Libs & Plugins:
• TensorSpace.js - Neural network 3D visualization framework, build an interactive and intuitive model in browsers, support pre-trained deep learning models from TensorFlow, Keras, TensorFlow.js.
• TNG-Hooks - Provides React-inspired 'hooks' like useState(..) for stand-alone functions.
• router: simple js router designed to solve one problem outside of any other frameworks like React, Angular, or Vue
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox