FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST (NOVEMBER 5 - NOVEMBER 11, 2018)
• A Netflix Web Performance Case Study by Addy Osmani.
• Improve Animated GIF Performance With HTML5 Video
• Web Performance 101. An introduction to the modern web loading performance by Ivan Akulov.
• What’s New in WordPress 5.0 (How to Prepare for Gutenberg)
• The Guten, the Berg, and the Ugly
• Lessons from Gutenberg
• Improving the web font rendering of the default Wordpress theme
• Why I wrote 33 VSCode extensions and how I manage them
• Continuous Integration with Prettier + ESLint
• FX - Command-line JSON processing tool.
• Git aliases I can't live without
• The Relevance of Metadata in Accessible PDFs
• The Business Case for Digital Accessibility
• Fun Tip: Use calc() to Change the Height of a Hero Component
• Five years of PostCSS: State of the Union
• CSS Frameworks Or CSS Grid: What Should I Use For My Project?
• Why Browsers Download Stylesheets With Non-Matching Media Queries
• Optimizing CSS by removing unused media queries
• CSS and Network Performance by Harry Roberts.
• Grid Tile Layouts with auto-fit and minmax
• A brief analysis and comparison of the CSS for Twitter's PWA vs Twitter's legacy desktop website
• Editorial Layouts, Floats, and CSS Grid. And Rachel's Andrew response: Editorial Layouts, Exclusions, and CSS Grid
• Creating a GraphQL server with NodeJS
• node-skeleton: an nodejs boilerplate packaged with Typescript, Docker, PM2, Eslint, VSCode config, Winston, Typedoc, Nodemon, AVA, PromClient, OpenAPI/Swagger, etc.
• How to use NodeJS without frameworks and external libraries
• What's New to LTS with Node.js 10 LTS
• Hello Vue Components - An example component library built with Vue CLI 3.
• Building a Donut Chart with Vue and SVG
• Patching the Vue.js Virtual DOM: The need, the explanation and the solution
• Implementing Smooth Scrolling in React
• React Suspense with the Fetch API
• An Introduction to Hooks in React
• 5 Things I Didn't Know about Create React App
• 3 advantages of React functional components on an eCommerce site
• re: Why the React community is missing the point about Web Components
• Clean Code Checklist in Angular
• Theming Angular Applications
• Why Angular Made Me Quit Web Dev
• Total Guide To Angular 6+ Dependency Injection — providedIn vs providers:[ ]
• Angular Material Table Tutorial With Example
- Libs & Plugins:
• Introducing Loona: an application state management library for React and Angular.
• Glider.js: a blazingly fast, crazy small, fully responsive, mobile-friendly, dependency free, native scrolling list with paging controls!
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox