FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST (JULY 9 - JULY 22, 2018)
Building the Google Photos web UI, animating SVG Files with SVGator, creating a web performance culture inside your team, announcing TypeScript 3.0 RC, styling React components, boosting Angular App performance with local change detection, and more. Keep on reading!
• Web Components in 2018
• The Holy Grail Of Reusable Components: Custom Elements, Shadow DOM, And NPM
• Building the Google Photos Web UI
• Anatomy of a malicious script: how a website can take over your browser
• Accessibility for Teams - A ‘quick-start' guide for embedding accessibility and inclusive design practices into your team's workflow.
• The future of WebAssembly - A look at upcoming features and proposals
• Animating SVG Files With SVGator
• Measure Performance with the RAIL Model, goals and guidelines for faster pages. Updated for 2018
• Creating a web performance culture inside your team
• What Are Service Workers and How They Help Improve Performance
• How Image Optimisation Decreased my Website's Page Weight by 62%
• Front-End Performance Checklist
• PWACompat: the Web App Manifest for all browsers
• Pinterest: A one year PWA retrospective
• Track development with the new AMP Roadmap
• PWA for WordPress
• The Complete Illustrated Flexbox Tutorial
• 9 Biggest Mistakes with CSS Grid
• The CSS Paint API
• DSS - finally release the first beta of Deterministic Style Sheets! DSS is like CSS Modules but brings in Deterministic styles resolution. Automatic compilation to atomic CSS classes for tiny bundles.
• Weird things variable fonts can do
• How to fix CSS layout issues?
• Stuff you can do with CSS pointer events
• Should I try to use the IE version of Grid Layout? Revisited for 2018
• I Tried Functional CSS and It Kinda Sucked
• How to get better at writing CSS
• Vue UI: A First Look
• Love letter to Vue
• Learn Vue.js in this free course!
• Building “Renderless” Vue Components
• Styling React components
• Building a Complex UI Animation in React, Simply
• How Fast Can You Learn React?
• What's New in Akita for Angular: We've Added Your Top Requested Features
• Boosting Angular App Performance with Local Change Detection
• You don't know Angular —A Guide to Angular Projection
- Libs & Plugins:
• How to make a modern dashboard with NVD3.js
• coolHue - Coolest Gradient Hues and Swatches.
• draxt - NodeList-like/jQuery-like package for File System (node.js).
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox