FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST (FEBRUARY 12 - FEBRUARY 18, 2018)
• Front End Interview Handbook (Answers) - Useful for testing yourself and learning more about quirks, best practices and standards on the web
• A cryptocurrency miner hidden in a favicon.ico - welcome to 2018
• Handling long titles with truncation
• Everything Easy is Hard Again
• Accessibility: Review of 2017 and Outlook for 2018
• Mobile Web: When Speed Matters
• AMP stories: Bringing visual storytelling to the open web
• Gmail Announces Native Support for Dynamic and Interactive Email Powered by AMP
• AMP: the missing controversy: How Google cheats with performance.
• AMP for email is a terrible idea
• The Two Faces of AMP
• Email Design Podcast #94: Instant Reaction to Gmail Announcing AMP Support
• Parcel v1.6.0: Zero Config ES6+ and JSX, Node and Electron Targets, Bundle Statistics, and more!
• Introducing Eleventy, a new Static Site Generator
• New experiment: sort tables with CSS and HTML only — Uses inline CSS variables and `order` property (in flex context, could be also used with grids), and the code beyond this is really compact and simple.
• CSS Basics: The Syntax That Matters & The Syntax That Doesn't
• CSS Basics: Using Multiple Backgrounds
• CSS Basics: Fallback Font Stacks for More Robust Web Typography
• Everything you need to know about CSS variables
• Understanding Media Queries in HTML Email
• Debugging CSS Performance with Chrome's Profiling Tools
• the @FirefoxDevTools in Nightly are now displaying a flex flag when the element is a flex item. ?♀️super useful for diagnosis.
- CSS Grid: • Basics of CSS Grid: The Big Picture
• CSS Grid + CSS Multi-Columns = ♥
• CSS Grid for UI Layouts
• Ember 3.0 Released
• We're nearing the 7.0 Babel release. Here's all the cool stuff we've been doing.
• Async Await Saves The Day (Sort Of)
• Promises are not neutral enough
• Replacing jQuery With Vue.js: No Build Step Necessary
• Five things I learned building a Saas App with Vue.js
• Build a Cryptocurrency Tracker with Vue.js
• Vue.js — answering the Why, after 15 months
• Stable AngularJS and Long Term Support
• Angular 1 Documentation Disappeared from Google Search Results
• AngularJS to Angular5 — Upgrading a large application
- Libs & Plugins:
• face-verify.js: Monitoring who is physically looking at a website for additional security.
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox