FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( December 18 — December 24, 2017)
• Frontend in 2017: The important parts
• Conference Talks From 2017 Every Designer and Developer Needs to Watch
• Getting your site ready for mobile-first indexing
• What's really wrong with node_modules and why this is your fault
• Why Web Developers Need to Care about Interactivity
• How to Optimize Images for Web and Performance
• 3 Tips for Faster Font Loading
• Breaking Down the Performance API
• Video Streaming: What Is a Performant Video Stream?
• A Tinder Progressive Web App Performance Case Study
• All you need to know about Progressive Web App
• PWA Feature Detector - simple feature detection app for reporting on all sorts of PWA features ("PWA" in the broadest sense).
• Safari Technology Preview 46 brings Service Workers to Apple's browser
• Code Splitting with Parcel Web App Bundler
• Docusaurus - a project for easily building, deploying, and maintaining open source project websites.
• The Trials and Tribulations of the Title Attribute
• What working on GOV.UK navigation taught us about accessibility
• React's Accessibility Code Linter
• Accessibility Testing Tools for Desktop and Mobile Websites
• DOJ Withdraws ADA Rulemaking Process
• Screen Reader User Survey #7 Results
• Using SVG to Create a Duotone Effect on Images
• CSS Glitch Effect
• The Best of CodePen for 2017
• Improve User Experience with Proper Webfont Loading
• OOCSS and Grid
• ::part and ::theme, an ::explainer - Monica Dinculescu gives us a quick update on what's new for styling the Shadow DOM.
• Learning LESS: Using Functions
• Native form validation 1: UI and CSS
• CSS Transitions explained
- CSS Grid:
• Learn CSS Grid by recreating familiar layouts: Airbnb, Youtube and more
• Want to learn CSS Grid? Here's my free full-length course. Merry Christmas!
• How should we resolve percentage margins and padding on grid and flex items?
• The Future of jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile
• A Real-World Comparison of Front-End Frameworks with Benchmarks
• dotJS 2017 - Wes Bos - Async + Await
• The future of state management
• The Hidden Treasures of Object Composition
• WP Vue - is just a simple Vue blog that displays posts from a WordPress REST API endpoint.
• Why 43% of Front-End Developers want to learn Vue.js
• The Ugly Side Of Redux
• Idiomatic Redux: Using Reselect Selectors for Encapsulation and Performance
• The latest React and React Native conferences on 99 videos — React Talks Digest Q3 2017
• Angular - Shortcut to Importing Styles Files in Components
• Testing Angular 2 and Continuous Integration with Jest
- Libs & Plugins:
• markdown-to-jsx - an easy-to-use markdown component that takes Github-flavored Markdown (GFM) and makes native JSX without dangerous hacks.
• "Moon Sugar" - library for snowfall on your website.
• unchanged — unchanged — a tiny, fast, unopinionated handler for updating JS objects and arrays immutably.
• cherow — Very fast, standards-compliant, self-hosted ECMAScript parser with high focus on both performance and stability.
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox