FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST (AUGUST 6 - AUGUST 12, 2018)
Element hiding techniques in CSS, custom site performance reports with the CrUX dashboard, 15 Angular performance tips & tricks, the “Perfect” CSS System, icon fonts vs SVGs, and more. Enjoy reading!
• Icon Fonts vs SVGs – Which One Should You Use In 2018?
• Sara Soueidan: “SVG Filters: The Crash Course”
• Google AMP — A 70% drop in our conversion rate.
• How to make a beautiful, tiny npm package and publish it
• webhint: a hinting engine for the web
• Custom site performance reports with the CrUX Dashboard
• Browser painting and considerations for web performance
• Caring about webform accessibility
• Navigating accessibility in two dimensions
• Securing Web Sites Made Them Less Accessible
• Line-height Crop — a simple CSS formula to remove top space from your text
• Being Aware of Initial Values in Your CSS
• Switch font color for different backgrounds with CSS
• CSS Grid layout: multiply & conquer — or how to actually design using The Grid.
• Element Hiding Techniques in CSS
• Creating the “Perfect” CSS System
• Changes on CSS Grid Layout in percentages and indefinite height
• Don't write CSS configure it with tailwind
• Fixing Variable Scope Issues with ECMAScript 6
• Sticky, Smooth, Active Nav
• Divide and conquer! Lazy loading for your SPA
• Vue CLI 3.0 is here!
• Speed Up Development with Prototyping and Vue
• Building a long press directive in Vue
• Data fetching in Redux apps — a 100% correct approach
• mauerwerk - A react-spring driven masonry-like grid with enter/exit and shared element transitions.
• React's Render Props Pattern - Children as a Function
• List of Angular CLI commands and features.
• Angular 6 - Creating a Webpack Configuration from Scratch
• The PRPL Pattern for Progressive Web Applications using Angular 6+
• Animate Dynamic Components in Angular
• Creating Reusable Animations in Angular
• 15 Angular Performance Tips & Tricks
• Angular Console - the user interface for the Angular CLI.
• 10 Useful Angular Features You Might Not Have Heard Of
- Libs & Plugins:
• SuperSlide.js - A flexible, smooth, GPU accelerated sliding menu for your next PWA.
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox