FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( November 27 — December 3, 2017)
Web performance, accessibility, AMP/PWA, animations, tools - that's what you can read about in our FED digests. An ultimate list of news and releases for front-end gurus. Enjoy!
• An introduction to frontend testing
• Bugs in Production — the Dirty Dozen!
• How to Start With Static Sites
• The Front-End Checklist is just a tool… everything depends on you.
• Best Podcasts About Web Design & Web Development
• The Best Request Is No Request, Revisited
• 23 Development Tools for Boosting Website Performance
• Progressive Image Loading using Intersection Observer and SQIP
• HTTP/2 PUSH vs HTTP Preload
• The Total Economic Impact™ of AMP across publishers and e-commerce
• Designing For A Browserless Web
• A Pinterest Progressive Web App Performance Case Study
• Why (and how) to use eslint in your project
• WebStorm 2017.3: improved Vue.js support, new refactorings, new REST Client, and more
• Chrome 63 - What's New in DevTools
• Chrome 64 - What's New In DevTools
• DevTools New and improved Event and CSS inspection for Microsoft Edge DevTools
• What You Need to Know for 2018: Upcoming Compliance Deadlines and Milestones
• Accessibility First: Rethinking the Way We Approach Website Design and Development
• Web Content Accessibility Guidelines—for People Who Haven't Read Them
• funkify - Experience how the web can be experienced by people with trembling hand, dyslexia, low vision, color blindness and more!
• V6: Typography and Proportions
• Modern Asynchronous CSS Loading
• CSS Inliner Tools Worth Considering for Your Next Email
• Using feature queries for cascading web design
• How I (re)built the Medium clap effect — and what I got out of the experiment.
• Generating Wireframe Boxes with CSS and HTML5
• Flexible Overflow by Roman Komarov
• Learn CSS Grid in 5 Minutes
• Fontastic Web Performance - Monica Dinculescu on at SmashingConf Barcelona 2017, a small explainer of font-display for a talk
• Scripting Cyrillic. Highlighting the design process behind expanded language support in Google Docs and Slides
• An Introduction to Speculative Optimization in V8
• MobX vs Redux with React: A noob's comparison and questions
• Contributing to ECMAScript
• madewithvuejs - A collection of projects made with vue.js
• Getting Your Head Around Vue.js Scoped Slots
• vuetron - A tool for testing and debugging your Vue + Vuex applications
• Debugging React performance with React 16 and Chrome Devtools.
• Introduction to React VR
• GiraffQL - An interactive GraphQL exploration tool built with React
• Introducing React Food Truck - a curated set of extensions for discerning React developers who use VS Code
• reactopt - A CLI React performance optimization tool that identifies potential unnecessary re-rendering
Using Angular v4's New HTTP Client
• telemachy - Easy guided tours for Angular apps
• A story of ngUpgrade: Upgrading an AngularJS application from 1.6 to Angular4
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox