FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( December 4 — December 10, 2017)
AJAX-crawling pages, HTML5 accessibility, SVG filters, Grid layout, GraphQL guide, CSS variables, deeplearn.js, mdbootstrap, Angular 5.1, Reshader library, and more. The most up-to-date information for front-end developers in one digest!
• Rendering AJAX-crawling pages
• A recap of front-end development in 2017
• Making your web app work offline: Part 1: The Setup, Part 2: The Implementation
• A Comprehensive Guide To Web Design
• The Frontend job interview preparation guide
• Learn more about vulnerability alerts
• Fronteers Conference 2017
• Evolution of : Gif without the GIF
• Average Page Load Times for 2018 – How does yours compare?
• Performance is a virtue
• Introducing Turbo: 5x faster than Yarn & NPM, and runs natively in-browser
• Bankai, the friendly web compiler
• wordpressify - A build system designed to automate your WordPress development workflow.
• parceljs - Blazing fast, zero configuration web application bundler.
• Webpack: A Gentle Introduction to the Module Bundler
• Setting up webpack for Any Project
• Inspect designs inside Visual Studio Code
• HTML5 Accessibility. Get the current accessibility support status of HTML5 features across major browsers. Editor's draft, December 2017.
• Accessible Links Re:visited
• 5 Common Misconceptions About Web Accessibility
• Providing Alternate Content for Screen Reader Users
• A Developer's Guide to Better Accessibility
• Web Content Accessibility Guidelines—for People Who Haven't Read Them
• Automating Your Accessibility Tests
• Building an Inclusive Web: Why Accessibility Matters
• Creative SVG Strokes Animation - a bike illustration powered by SVG and GSAP.
• Mountains Adventure - SVG filters, clip-path & morphing, a pen that blends a text animation into a scenic photo on @Codepen
• Pixel wave animation for seamless page transitions
• iota - A responsive micro-framework for the grid spec powered by CSS custom properties.
• What to use Grid Layout for? Some ideas.
• Animating Border
• How to make your HTML responsive by adding a single line of CSS
• Why CSS Grid is better than Bootstrap for creating layouts
• Understanding CSS Variables
• Calendar with CSS Grid
• Vertical typesetting with writing-mode revisited
• Styling Components - Typed CSS With Stylable
• Debugging CSS Grid Layouts With Firefox Grid Inspector
• dudeonthehorse/normalize.email.css - CSS resets for HTML emails.
- Theory & Guides:
• Answering Tricky JS Interview Questions
• A Front End Developer's Guide to GraphQL
• Quick introduction to React for Angular 2/4+ developers
• Two new (free) React courses. 2.5 hours. 1 - The Beginner's Guide to ReactJS, 2 - Advanced React Component Patterns
• Demystifying React Styling Approaches
• How to Build a Simple Blog Using React and GraphQL
• React Performance Fixes on Airbnb Listing Pages
• Advanced React Component Patterns
• mdbootstrap - React Bootstrap with Material
• jQuery Is Better Than React
• Jargon-Free Webpack Intro For VueJS Users
• What's The Deal With Vue's Virtual DOM?
• Animating VueJS
• 11 Angular Component Libraries You Should Know In 2018
• Angular 5.1 & More Now Available ()
• Why we chose Angular 2 over React for our enterprise software development work
- Libs & Plugins:
• npmgraph — A tool for exploring NPM modules and dependencies.
• Dynamic Waveform Visualizations with wavesurfer.js
• Animate Plus — avaScript animation library focusing on performance and authoring flexibility.
• Muuri — Responsive, sortable, filterable and draggable grid layouts.
• country-iso — country-iso — get the ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 country code from geographic coordinates.
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox