A secure .env handler with encrypted key/value storage, fast string manipulation library with multibyte support, query builders for Atlas.Pdo connections, framework for creating and deploying serverless-applications in PHP, traits for Laravel eloquent models, and more. Keep on reading!
News & Releases
- PhpStorm 2018.2 EAP — Early Access Program (EAP) allows you to try pre-release versions of our software to evaluate features that will be added in the next release. It is important to distinguish EAP from traditional pre-release software.
- PHP 7.2.6
- PHP 7.1.18
- PHP Versions Stats - 2018.1 Edition — Traditional compilation of statistics for the 6 months based on the info Composer sends when connecting to packagist.org. The total share of PHP 7 is already 78.22%. A closer to reality statistics of downloads of PHP packages from the Remi repository.
- [RFC] Weak References — Draft proposals for the implementation of the weak links in the PHP core. At the moment, this option is available only through colder/php-weakref or krakjoe/uref extensions.
- Roave/BetterReflection 3.0 — Reflexion without loading classes.
- fe3dback/str — A fast string manipulation library with multibyte support. Based on "Stringy" lib, with focus on speed.
- psecio/secure_dotenv — A secure .env handler with encrypted key/value storage.
- php-opencv/php-opencv-examples — Computer vision and machine learning in PHP by opencv (installation + examples + docs).
- xobotyi/emittr — PHP7.1+ event library for your app.
- atlasphp/Atlas.Query — Query builders for Atlas.Pdo connections.
- getopt-php/getopt-php — A PHP library for command-line argument processing.
- mindplay-dk/middleman — Dead simple PSR-7 middleware dispatcher.
- spatie/typed — Improvements to PHP's type system in userland: generics, typed lists, tuples and structs.
- How to Test Private Services in Symfony
- twigfiddle.com — Fiddle for Twig.
- A week of Symfony #594 (14-20 May 2018)
- A week of Symfony #595 (21-27 May 2018)
- spatie/laravel-event-projector — Event sourcing for Artisans. Mini tutorial here.
- ponich/eloquent-traits — Traits for Laravel eloquent models.
- beyondcode/laravel-credentials — Add encrypted credentials to your Laravel production environment.
- How I Built The LaravelQuiz Chatbot With BotMan and Laravel — LaravelQuizBot.
- Laravel Blog Contest — May Mayhem Edition. Over 50 blog posts written.
- Zend Framework Community News for the week of 2018-05-17
- Zend Framework Community News for the week of 2018-05-24
- clue/reactphp-ndjson — Streaming newline-delimited JSON (NDJSON) parser and encoder for ReactPHP.
- clue/reactphp-flux — Flux, the lightweight stream processor to concurrently do many (but not too many) things at once, built on top of ReactPHP. A detailed post about motivation and the use of tools.
- Build A Simple Chat With ReactPHP Sockets: Server, Client, Making it user-friendly
- About using ReactPHP in production + some benchmarks.
- Magento Tech Digest #17: May 21 — 28, 2018
- Magento Tech Digest #16: May 14 — 21, 2018
- The Long Road to Drupal 9
- Serverless и PHP — An excellent introduction to serverless in PHP, as well as the introduction of the mnapoli / bref framework.
- mnapoli / bref framework — A framework for creating and deploying serverless-applications in PHP.
- Example of running Symfony on Bref - Demo of a Symfony application deployed on AWS lambda using Bref.
- Serverless Laravel — Expand the Laravel application to AWS lambda using Bref.
- Serverless and PHP: Performances.
- Weird operators in PHP
- When empty is not empty - strange results when using the empty function.
- Picking the right API Paradigm
- Great slideshow: Learning Design Patterns with Symfony
- Is Your Code Readable By Humans? Cognitive Complexity Tells You
Audio & Video Materials
- PHP in 2018 by Rasmus Lerdorf, the Creator of PHP
- ScotlandPHP 2017 — Talk videos from the ScotlandPHP 2017 conference held in Edinburgh on the 4th of November 2017.
- PHP Roundtable #070: All about WordPress
- PHP Roundtable #071: Discussing PHP 7.2
- PHP allows for the design of X - When you should or should not use PHP.