FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( JANUARY 1 - JANUARY 7, 2018)
Let's start 2018 with web payments, additive animation, PWA & AMP, SVG documents, VuePress, Angular vs. React, semantic HTML, and more. Seems this year will be very productive!
• Awesome Checklist Checklist: A Curated List of Checklists.
• How to stay updated with the Front-End craziness in just 3 repetitive steps.
• Cropping & Scaling Images Using SVG Documents. The SVG snippet that replaces a CSS object-fit declaration.
• Search Engine Optimization Experts Like PWAs as Key to 2018 Success
• How Airbnb is putting AMP at the core of its digital strategy
• Introducing Web Payments: Easier Online Purchases With The Payment Request API
• Additive Animation with the Web Animations API
• I'm harvesting credit card numbers and passwords from your site. Here's how.
• Let's make 2018… fast! “Front-End Performance Checklist 2018” (incl. PDF/Pages) — with everything you need to know to build fast experiences today.
• Impact of 3G vs 4G Connections on User Experience across Countries
• Can Preload Cut the Mustard?
• An Audit of Boomerang's Performance
• Image Placeholders: Do it right or don't do it at all. Please.
• Introducing Postlight's Modern Serverless Starter Kit (Webpack, Babel, ESLint, and Prettier)
• What‘s Boilerplate and why do we use it? Let's check out the coding Style Guide.
• Next Level Accessibility: 5 ways I made the freeCodeCamp Guide more usable for people with disabilities
• Writing Automated Tests for Accessibility
• Getting Started with Web Accessibility
• 2017 Website Accessibility Lawsuit Recap: A Tough Year for Businesses
• CSS Grid + Flexbox Solving Real-world Problems
• 8 Best Practices for Perfect CSS Documentation
• Counters and Stones - CSS experiment by Roman Komarov.
• Flexible type with :root
• The Spectre Attack and Critical CSS
• Monitoring unused CSS by unleashing the raw power of the DevTools Protocol
• New flexbox guides on MDN By Rachel Andrew
• How to write better CSS in teams with ACSS — A dynamic Atomic CSS library
• The Rise Of The State Machines
• Introducing VuePress: WordPress development with Vue and GraphQL.
• vue-starter - an enterprise ready boilerplate for isomorphic, progressive web apps.
• Vue.js review of 2017
• How to write highly readable React code — 10 coding style tips
• amsul/react-performance - Helpers to debug and record component render performance.
• Gigacore/React-Redux-Sass-Starter - Everything you need to get started with a basic React application.
• Demystifying Memory Usage using ES6 React Classes
• React.Fragment and Semantic HTML Say goodbye to meaningless and messy containing 's in your components!️ React 16 brings us 's and I implore you to use them so we can get back to writing semantic HTML.• React PWA. An upgradable boilerplate for Progressive web applications (PWA) with server side rendering, build with SEO in mind and achieving max page speed and optimized user experience.
• Angular JS & ASP.NET: Will It Drive the Future of Web Development?
• Angular vs. React: The CLI
- Libs & Plugins:
• immer - create the next immutable state by mutating the current one.
• Uppy — the file uploader that is always happy to see you.
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox