FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( August 21 — August 27, 2017)
Look what we've got here! The new digest is about Progressive Web Apps, Node.js, WordPress Plugins, JS Frameworks, DevTools, Web Animations, and more. It includes everything you might have missed from the Front-End world last week. Enjoy!
- Node.js Forked Again Over Complaints of Unresponsive Leadership
- What do you know about viewport height in 2017?
- A Front-End Developer on Vacation
- Offline-Friendly Forms
- Form Validation with Web Audio
- Fancy Web Animations Made Easy with GreenSock Plugins
- Polymer 3.0 preview: npm and ES6 Modules
- Custom Elements Everywhere - A project that shows interoperability issues with Custom Elements and other frameworks, and highlights potential fixes.
- SVG Gradient Wave Generator
- Aperitif is a custom HTML boilerplate designer allowing you to rapidly build HTML templates and prototypes
- Chrome 61 - What's New in DevTools
- Inside a super fast CSS engine: Quantum CSS (aka Stylo)
- detect_flex - Simple and guaranteed method for determination support of FLEX and BOX in any browser.
- Continuing a series of Visual References on @CodePen about CSS Transforms: Explaining coordinate systems
- Improve Web Typography with CSS Font Size Adjust
- So you need a CSS utility library?
- 4 CSS techniques that will work in any CSS preprocessor, any framework
- Create a responsive layout with CSS Grid
- Sass Maps, Loops, and CSS word scrambling!
- async & await
- If you're a startup, you should not use React (reflecting on the BSD + patents license)
- From Angular zero to React hero in 3 days
- How do you separate components?
- Introducing downshift for React . is the primitive you need to build simple, flexible, WAI-ARIA compliant React autocomplete/typeahead/dropdown/select/combobox/etc (AKA “item selection”) (p)react components. From PayPal.
- Libs & Plugins:
- Pts.js enables you to compose and visualize points in spaces.
- JQuery.myData — Small JQuery&Zepto plugin for two-ways data binding.
- fitty — makes text fit perfectly
- textics — counts lines, words, chars and spaces for a given string
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox