PHP DIGEST #5: NEWS & TOOLS (AUGUST 27 - SEPTEMBER 10, 2017)
The recent issue includes several long-awaited releases and updates, lots of tutorials and learning materials. Botman 2.0.0, PHP 7.2.0 RC 1, Laravel 5.5 LTS, Lumen 5.5, Behat 3.4.0, and more. Enjoy!
News & Releases
- PHP 7.2.0 RC 1 — The cycle of PHP 7.2. Release Candidates has started. At least 6 issues are expected for stabilization.
- PHP 7.0.23, PHP 7.1.9
- Laravel 5.5 LTS — Is now officially released!
- Behat 3.4.0 — Popular BDD framework's update.
- NGINX Unit — An application server with PHP support was announced by the Nginx team.
- RFC: Operator functions — For all the operators (no assignment operators), it is suggested to add the same functions, so that they can be used as arguments to higher-order functions.
- Add Fiber (sackful coroutine) support — An interesting improvement of the PHP generators, which would simplify the asynchronous code. Not formalized as the formal RFC yet, but there is already a draft pull request.
- Botman 2.0.0 — The framework for creating chat bots. Out of the box supports: Slack, Telegram, Nexmo, HipChat, Facebook Messenger, WeChat. Tutorials Laravel + Botman: Telegram, FB Messenger, Slack.
- nkkollaw/zubr — A tool to fix inconsistencies in PHP's core functions: consistent naming, arguments' order, and more.
- Prooph — An instrument to implement CQRS and Event Sourcing in PHP. Tutorial. What Event Sourcing is and why it's cool.
- parpalak/rose — Embedded search engine with Russian language support.
- spatie/fractalistic — Output complex, flexible, AJAX/RESTful data structures.
- Symfony Downloads Stats — Were downloaded more than 1 billion times.
- A week of Symfony #557 (28 August - 3 September 2017)
- A week of Symfony #558 (4-10 September 2017)
- yiisoft/yii2-debug 2.0.10
- Interviewing Jeff Reifman — About Yii and more.
- Alexander Makarov: Yii development notes #13
- Laravel Certification — The program certification has been announced.
- Lumen 5.5 — The micro-framework by Laravel was updated.
- bestmomo/nice-artisan — Web interface for Laravel Artisan.
- JWT authentication for Lumen 5.4
- Understanding Laravel Pipelines
- clue/php-ami-react — An access to the Asterisk Manager Interface based on ReactPHP.
- Resolving DNS Asynchronously With ReactPHP
- Using DIC the right way
- Generating an Autoloader for a Legacy PHP Codebase
- Upgrading existing password hashes
Audio and Video
- How PHP Set the “Serverless” Stage 20 Years Ago.
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox