PHP DIGEST #3: NEWS & TOOLS (AUGUST 1 - AUGUST 14, 2017)
We know you like the tools which simplify the development process. In this issue, we've collected lots of cool tools: an instrument to register available commands and match them in PHP, laconic PDO wrapper for PHP projects, PHP Rust Process Manager, high-performance PHP-to-Golang RPC bridge, fast HTML parser library, and more. Hurry up to review all of them!
News & Releases
- PHP 7.2.0 Beta 2 — You can test it from the prepared Docker-image.The third and the last beta release is scheduled for August 17.
- Composer 1.5.0
- PHP 7.0.22
- PHP 7.1.8
- [PSR] HTTP Client — According to the accepted process, new proposals for PSR must pass the input voting before the draft is developed. This voting has passed for the HTTP Client standard, which means that in the nearest future the group will start working on the document.
- mihaeu/dephpend — Instrument that helps to detect flaws in your architecture.
- spatie/phpunit-watcher — A tool to automatically rerun PHPUnit tests when source code changes. One more post here.
- Imangazaliev/DiDOM — Simple and fast HTML parser library.
- hirak/prestissimo — Composer parallel install plugin. Significantly speeds up the installation of dependencies.
- clue/php-commander — Tool to register available commands and arguments and match your command line in PHP.
- thephpleague/json-reference — A library for working with JSON References.
- paragonie/easydb — Laconic PDO wrapper for PHP projects.
- hjr3/php-rpm — PHP Rust Process Manager.
- spiral/goridge — High-performance PHP-to-Golang RPC bridge which works everywhere.
- Symfony-ddd-wishlist — A sample application on Symfony 3 and Vue.js built with DDD in mind.
- A week of Symfony #553 (July 31 - August 6, 2017)
- A week of Symfony #554 (August 7-13, 2017)
- yii2tech/content — Content management system for Yii2.
- Yii Community in Slack
- Yii development notes #12
- owen-it/laravel-auditing — Allows to record changes to an Eloquent model's set of data over time. One more post here.
- sebastiaanluca/laravel-helpers — A set of generic PHP and Laravel-specific helpers.
- What's new in Laravel 5.5?
- Thinking about the “code smells”
- Why not to use Yoda conditions
- Flavors of bad code
- PHP: Understanding unserialize() — The article written by one of core developers about the history of unserialize()/serialize() in PHP and about the questions of their security.
- Testing apps with The Command Bus architecture
- Lifehack: using __debugInfo
- Using php-fpm as a simple built-in async queue
- Architecture for a clean and testable application logic
- The queue for Swiftmailer
Audio and Video
- BrandonShar/stack-overflow-buddy — StackOverflow Driven Development. Just describe what you need with arguments and the solution will automatically by found on SO:
StackOverflowBuddy::substringBetweenTwoStrings('platypus', 'pl', 'us');
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox