PHP DIGEST #1: NEWS & TOOLS (JUNE 26 - JULY 16, 2017)
We know you enjoy reading our front-end digests. Now it's time to share our expertise and knowledge in PHP. Twice a month we'll post PHP digests that will include the latest news, releases, tools, materials, interviews, and more. No time to talk. Let's start!
News and Releases:
- PHP 7.2.0 Alpha 3 — The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 7.2.0 Alpha 3.
- PHP 7.1.7, PHP 7.0.21, PHP 5.6.31
- PHP TestFest 2017 — PHP TestFest aims to improve the code coverage of the test suite for the PHP programming language and encourage PHP programmers to make core contributions.
- RFC: Allow loading extensions by name — This RFC proposes a unified way to configure the list of PHP extensions to load.
- paragonie/chronicle — Public append-only ledger microservice built with Slim Framework. Details here. Also, review an example of the possible use of Chronicle here.
- tideways/php_garbage_stats — Extension to access statistics about garbage collection runs. Details here.
- tacnoman/dephpugger — PHP Debugger to run in terminal to debug your code easily. Details here.
- serializededitor.com — A Visual editor for PHP serialized data. One more post here.
- edsonmedina/php_testability — Analyses and reports testability issues of a php codebase.
- spatie/browsershot — A library for creating screenshots of web pages based on Headless Chrome.
- ambionics/phpggc — PHP generic gadget chains. More here.
- cweiske/jsonmapper — Map nested JSON structures onto PHP classes.
- kreta/Kreta — Modern project management solution.
- phpsocialnetwork/phpfastcache — Simple Yet Powerful PHP Caching Class.
- queue-interop/queue-interop - Promoting the interoperability of MQs objects. Based on Java JMS.
- moeinrahimi/monolog-telegram — Telegram Handler which allows you log messages to telegram channels using bots.
- analogueorm/analogue — Analogue ORM : Data Mapper ORM for Laravel/PHP.
- daveearley/Email-Validation-Tool — An easy to use, accurate-ish & extensible email validation library for PHP 7+.
- fightbulc/moment.php — Parse, validate, manipulate, and display dates in PHP w/ i18n support. Inspired by moment.js.
- Tanibox/tania — A PHP based, free, and open source farming management system.
- A week of Symfony #548 (26 June - 2 July 2017)
- A week of Symfony #549 (3-9 July 2017)
- A week of Symfony #550 (10-16 July 2017)
- dmirogin/yii2-js-urlmanager — That extension provide a way to create urls from your frontend part.
- 2amigos/yii2-usuario — Highly customizable and extensible user management, authentication, and authorization Yii2 extension.
- WhatACart 2.0.0 — E-Commerce Platform on Yii2.
- Yii development notes #10
- Yii development notes #11
- apiato/apiato — A flawless framework for building scalable and testable API-Centric Apps with PHP and Laravel. Based on Porto.
- timegridio/timegrid — Free, open-source, online appointments platform based on Laravel PHP Framework.
- What's New in Laravel 5.5
- Re-Introducing Eloquent's Polymorphic Relationships
- Laravel API Tutorial: How to Build and Test a RESTful API
- A Simple Chat With ReactPHP Socket: Server, reactphp/socket
- UDP/Datagram Sockets with ReactPHP
- Extending ReactPHP's Child Processes
- Analyzing Tweet Sentiments with PHP Machine Learning
- How to Defend Your Website with Zip Bombs
- Poka Yoke – Saving Projects with Hyper-Defensive Programming
- Tweetsnippet.com — Useful PHP snippets.
- Exploring PHP mail() function. New Exploitation Techniques And Vectors
- Immutability of Data
- coderabbi/phpumoji — PHPUnit Emoji Result Printer.
- PHP Roundtable #064: PHP 7 Source Code - Podcast with Sara Golemon, release manager PHP 7.2
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox