FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST (JANUARY 14 - JANUARY 20, 2019)
• 12 strange things that can happen after installing an NPM package
• ⚡️A more complicated web by Christian Heilmann
• HTML5 Input Types: Where Are They Now?
• New to JAMstack? Everything You Need to Know to Get Started
• Web Standards: The What, The Why, And The How
• A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words, Faces, and Barcodes—The Shape Detection API
• Why GraphQL is Taking Over APIs
• Firefox DevTools WebConsole 2018 retrospective
• Augmented Reality and the Browser — An App Experiment
• Using the Chrome DevTools Audit Feature to Measure and Optimize Performance (Part 1)
• How to Use Chrome Dev Tools to Find Performance Bottlenecks
• How Improving Website Performance Can Help Save The Planet
• What Are Client Hints and Are They Worth Implementing
• Browser Rendering Optimizations for Frontend Development
• STAR Apps (Design Systems + TypeScript + Apollo GraphQL + React): A New Generation of Front-End Tooling for Development Workflows
• How to Migrate to Gulp.js 4.0
• wpk a friendly, intuitive, intelligent, and unofficial CLI for webpack
• Visualization of code with export to SVG
• How to design website layouts for screen readers
• Why the adoption of Web Accessibility keeps failing
• Big Win for Web Accessibility in Domino’s Pizza Case
• Interactive Particles with Three.js
• How to create glitch text and image effects in CSS
• SVG Filters 101. This guide by Sara Soueidan will help you understand what SVG Filters are and show you how to use them to create your own visual effects.
• How Well Do You Know CSS Layout?
• The Complete Guide To SCSS/SASS. This is not a complete Sass / SCSS manual.
• Use the: lang pseudo-class over the lang attribute selector for language-specific styles
• 2019 CSS Wishlist by Chris Coyier
• In Defense of Utility-First CSS
• Special formatting for SVG images with CSS
• Porting 30K lines of code from Flow to TypeScript
• Learn Vanilla JS - A vanilla JS roadmap, along with learning resources and project ideas to help you get started.
• Remove unused code
• Vue vs React: Choosing the Best Tool for Your Project in 2019
• How to Remove Array Duplicates in ES6
• Does it mutate 😱
• React Podcast #35: Make the Web Look Great with Matt Perry. On declarative animation, open source management, and importance of the open web
• Reusable form-inputs in React. Simple and flexible!
• Intro to React Hooks
• Using React Portals to Render Children Outside the DOM Hierarchy
• How to Build a React Progressive Web Application (PWA)
• Add multi-language support to Angular
• How to configure Webpack 4 with Angular 7: a complete guide
• Angular, Autoprefixer, IE11, and CSS Grid Walk into a Bar...
• State Management in Angular Using Firebase
• The Pros and Cons of choosing Angular for web app development
• Vue RFCs (request for comments) - for substantial changes / feature additions to Vue core
• Scaffolding a Progressive Web App using Vue CLI 3
- Libs & Plugins:
• shiny - Add shiny reflections to text, backgrounds, and borders on devices that support the DeviceMotion event.
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox