FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( October 16 — October 22, 2017)
It's not that easy to keep up with all the FED news out there. But we're here to help you. We hand-pick interesting articles related to front-end development every day. Our digests are extremely useful. Follow our updates and get your FED digest among the first!
• Mozilla brings Microsoft, Google, the W3C, Samsung together to create cross-browser documentation on MDN
• How I would explain a decade of web development to a time traveler from 2007
• Front-End-Checklist - The perfect Front-End Checklist for modern websites and meticulous developers.
• 5 Tips for Starting a Front-End Refactor
• A Painless Introduction to APIs: Usage, Integration, & Benefits
• Migrating towards Yarn and Webpack
• Accessible components: #1 colors and contrast, #2 dynamic ARIA labels
• AMP: Two years of user-first webpages
• The Argument for AMP: Lessons from 10 Case Studies
• DevTools Tips for Progressive Web Apps
• How to debug Progressive Web Apps using Browser Developer Tools
• pure CSS application of the blobs technique
• A First Look at “GSDevTools” by GreenSock
• Dynamic Shape Overlays with SVG
• Seamless loop SVG stroke animations
• Metaballs, organic looking squishy gooey blobs , replicated effect using CSS & SVG by applying both blur and contrast filters to an element.
• A Look Back at the History of CSS
• Prettier + Stylelint: Writing Very Clean CSS (Or, Keeping Clean Code is a Two-Tool Game)
• So, Can We Use CSS Variables Yet?
• Breaking down CSS Box Shadow vs. Drop Shadow
• My approach to using z-index
• Web Typography: Numerals
• Fontisto - the iconic font and CSS toolkit.
• A bunch of demos for different web font loading strategies.
- Grid Layout:
• The Story of CSS Grid, from Its Creators
• What I discovered about layout via CSS Grid,- Rachel Andrew at CSS Day 2017.
• Naming Things In CSS Grid Layout
• An Introduction to CSS Grid Layout: Part 1, Part 2
• Controlling Element Visibility with the IntersectionObserver API
• Ember.js: The Perfect Framework for Web Applications
• Build A Real-Time Chat App With VueJS, Vuex & Cloud Firestore
• vue-mc - Models and Collections for Vue.js
• Vue.js + Brunch: The Webpack Alternative You've Been Hungry For
• How to structure components in React?
• How to migrate an application from AngularJS to React and Redux
• Top 12 Productivity Tips for WebStorm and Angular – Part 1
• Angular 4 Basics : Data binding
- Libs & Plugins:
• Say hello to Schnack.js: A new Disqus-like commenting drop-in for static websites
• accessibilityjs - Client side accessibility error scanner.
• New in Chrome 62
• Chrome 62: Improved Network Information API, Support for OpenType Variable Fonts and more!
• PWAs with Firefox Nightly
• What's New in Microsoft Edge in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: CSS Grid Layout, object-fit/position, WebVR motion controllers, Service Worker preview, DevTools improvements! + faster/better/stronger.
• Release Notes for Safari Technology Preview 42
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox