FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( November 6 — November 12, 2017)
The recent issue includes developer's guide to e-Commerce sites speed optimization, icon best practices in a HTTP/2 world, using SVG as placeholders, all you need to know about CSS-in-JS, new animations in Angular v5, and more.
• How we deliver BBC Web Pages to the internet
• Right-To-Left Development In Mobile Design
• Using SVG as placeholders — More Image Loading Techniques
• The Front-End Test Pyramid: How to Rethink Your Testing
• Awesome Speakers - speakers in the programming and design communities
• npm tips & scripts!
• Go beyond console.log with the Firefox Debugger
• Async Pan/Zoom (APZ) lands in Firefox Quantum
• HTTP/2 is easy, just turn it on…
• The Contrast Swap Technique: Improved Image Performance with CSS Filters
• 6 steps to improve your web app's performance
• Measuring Web Performance – Analyzing What Matters Most
• Developer's Guide to E-Commerce Sites Speed Optimization
• Icon Best Practices in a HTTP/2 World
• New BMW website: performance, AMP, svg
• an excerpt from Chapter 3 (“Planning for Accessibility") of Laura Kalbag's new book, Accessibility for Everyone
• ARIA is Spackle, Not Rebar
• chromeography - Fading one image into another and making those colors dance!
• Expanding Grid Item Animation
• Smooth corners with CSS Houdini
• Should we stop using the Google font service and host on our own?
• Weight change again?
• CSS Code Smells
• Practical uses for the aspect-ratio media query
• Grid areas and element that occupies them aren't necessarily the same size.
• All You Need To Know About CSS-in-JS
• Why Atomizer (acss.io) didn't use more readable class names?
• The GraphQL stack: How everything fits together
• GraphQL First in practice at Quri
• Is Meteor.js still a thing?
• Vue.js tutorial: от jQuery к Vue.js
• How GitLab do Vue: one year later
• State of Vue.js — Key Takeaways from the Report
• Why test Vue applications?
• Using a React 16 Portal to do something cool
• Performance-tuning a React application.
• Ethereum Light client with React
• What's new in Angular v5: Animations
• Top 5 AngularJS Interview Questions
• How to not to suffer with Angular - The In-Depth Tutorial
- Libs & Plugins:
• emergence.js - Detect element visibility in the browser
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox