"Today, outsourcing is not just a trend; it is an integral part of how smart companies do business".
- Harvard Business Review
More than half of Fortune 500 companies outsource their functions. And the percentage of businesses choosing to outsource their workload to countries with less developed economies grows yearly. This brings much value and the ability to concentrate on your core business and strategy.
Why smart businesses outsource?
- Costs advantage and control;
- Access to the pool of software engineers;
- Ability to focus on core business;
- Faster product implementation and increased efficiency;
- Ability to implement new technology and develop competences;
- 100% control over operational functions;
With the list of potential benefits, another list of of risks may come up. And your successful outsourcing experience depends greatly on the way you eliminate them.
So what are the risks?
- Poor communication;
- Goals misunderstanding;
- Cultural difference;
- Hidden costs;
- Poor project management.