PHP DIGEST #4: NEWS & TOOLS (AUGUST 15 - AUGUST 27, 2017)
The final PHP digest of this summer is already published. Several long-awaited releases, a list of cool tools and plugins, materials about Symfony, Yii, Laravel, Zend, Async PHP, and CMS. All the important info for PHP gurus gathered in one issue. Keep on reading!
News & Releases
- PHP 7.2.0 Beta 3 — the third and final beta for 7.2.0. The first Candidate will be released on the 31st of August.
- CakePHP 3.5.0
- Symfony CMF 2.0.0
- Deployer available in the Slack app catalog
- Looking for a new maintainer of league/oauth2-server
- infection/infection — AST based PHP Mutation Testing Framework.
- Dependr — CI tool to monitor your Dependencies.
- teamtnt/tntsearch — A fully featured full text search engine written in PHP.
- vamsiikrishna/vex — Small PHP application sending loads to a web app.
- rryqszq4/ngx_php — Embedded PHP script language for nginx-module.
- WyriHaximus/awesome-phpstorm — A list of plugins for PHPStorm. There are even progress bars for IJ based IDEs.
- Don't Use Entities in Symfony Forms. Use Custom Data Objects Instead
- A week of Symfony #555 (14-20 August 2017)
- A week of Symfony #556 (21-27 August 2017)
- yiister/yii2-gentelella — Free admin template for Yii2.
- n7olkachev/laravel-computed-properties — Smart attributes for Eloquent.
- yedincisenol/laravel-api-startup — Laravel template project to start building an Api quickly and perfectly.
- codestudeo/laravel-totem — Web interface to manage your Laravel Schedule.
- Processing Inbound Emails with Mailgun and Laravel
- Laravel Style Guide review
- Zend Framework Community Slack
- Zend Framework Blog: Specialized Response Implementations in Diactoros
- Zend Framework Week 2017-08-17
- Zend Framework Week 2017-08-24
- amphp/mysql — An async MySQL client built on the amp concurrency framework.
- Cancelling ReactPHP Promises With Timers.
- Serverless PHP на IBM Bluemix
- ReactJS in PHP: Writing Compilers
- Tutorial: Slim and Action-Domain-Responder
- Are Bitwise Operators Still Relevant in Modern PHP?
- Using Postman to master your API workflow
- Behind-the-Scenes: How We're Automating Acceptance Testing — Codeception, Docker.
- Clean Code concepts adapted for PHP - SOLID and other good practices.
- The example of using Anonymous classes and <=> (the 'Spaceship' Operator) in PHP.
- Finite-State Machine as a Type System illustrated with an e-Commerce product
- Go PHP 7.1 - Info page with the dates of accepting PHP 7.1 as the minimum version by popular frameworks.
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox