FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST (JANUARY 22 - JANUARY 28, 2018)
Gradient topography animation, interactive email using SVG and SMIL, new AMP case studies, practical examples of accessibility improvements, CSS Scroll Snap, converting an Angular app to a React app, and more. Enjoy!
• Lessons Learned, making our app with Web Components
• Mental Illness in the Web Industry
• Part 2: How to stop me harvesting credit card numbers and passwords from your site
• Interactive email using SVG and SMIL
• Gradient Topography Animation
• Will AMP improve your rankings? How to set up an AMP test
• PWAs are coming to iOS 11.3: Cupertino, we have a problem
• Kicking off 2018 with new AMP case studies
• Processing forms on AMP pages with Amazon API Gateway and AWS Lambda
• Parcel v1.5.0 released: Source Maps, WebAssembly, Rust, and more!
• webpack 4 beta — try it today!
• webpack 2017: A Year in Review
• Multiple routes, bundling and lazy-loading with webpack
• Webpack 4 tutorial: All You Need to Know, from 0 Conf to Production Mode
• karmatic - Easy automatic (headless) browser testing. Powered by Karma, Webpack & Jasmine.
• Email accessibility in action
• Understanding WCAG 2.1 – Reviewing Mobile Success Criteria
• Practical Examples of Accessibility Improvements
• Radically Accessible Internet Applications - Marcy Sutton - btconfMUC2018
• Using CSS Clip Path to Create Interactive Effects
• Introducing CSS Gridish: An Open Source Tool to Help Your Team Adapt CSS Grid Today
• In Defense of Utility-First CSS
• CSS Grid Explained in 7 Minutes (with diagrams and code)
• CSS Scroll Snap: What Is It? Do We Need It?
• Ripple Effect Animation On Button Click With CSS3
• A Quick Guide to Styled Components with Interactive Examples
• ECMAScript regular expressions are getting better!
• Interesting ECMAScript 2017 proposals that weren't adopted
• ES6 tips and tricks to make your code cleaner, shorter, and easier to read!
• 5 Tips and Thoughts on Async / Await Functions
• ECMAScript 2018: the final feature set. What to expect in ECMAScript 2018: Object Rest/Spread Properties, Promise.prototype.finally(), Template Literal Revision, RegExp features: named capture groups, Unicode Property Escapes, lookbehind Assertions, - s (dotAll) flag.
• Creating Vue.js Component Instances Programmatically
• Nuxt Authentication from Scratch
• Routing and Route Protection in Server-Rendered Vue Apps Using Nuxt.js
• 4 Essential ES2015 Features For Vue.js Development
• How to convert an Angular app to a React app — one component at a time.
• How to build your own React boilerplate
• Introducing React Easy State
• Beginner's Guide to Angular 4: Services, Routing, Components
• Apollo Client For Angular – Making Use of GraphQL
- Libs & Plugins:
• d3-discovery - Finding D3 plugins with ease.
• greenlet — move an async function into its own thread.
• Toast UI Editor — An Open Source Markdown WYSIWYG Editor.
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox