FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( December 11 — December 17, 2017)
• Polymer 2 and Googlebot. Working on client-side web apps? Using web components? Want to make sure Googlebot index your site right?
• Manipulating HTML5 Canvas Using Konva
• Rendering Metrics
• HTML 5.2 is done, HTML 5.3 is coming
• The WHATWG Blog: Further working mode changes
• New, updated SEO Starter Guide by Google
• Making our site more app-y
• Google AMP: Everything You Need to Know
• Google Maps stealth-launched a PWA called Google Maps Go - Google Maps Go shows up on the Play Store for Go phones, but you can give it a try anyway
• npm vs Yarn – Which Package Manager Should You Use?
• microbundle — microbundle — zero-configuration bundler for tiny modules
• How do browsers really work? These 5 videos will show you their inner workings
• WCAG 2.1 and Silver (AG): What is Next for Accessibility Guidelines
• Accessibility Through Semantic HTML
• Accessibility Testing Tools
• SVG, Icon Fonts, and Accessibility: A Case Study
• Writing Automated Tests for Accessibility
• Shifting from Fear to Motivation when Talking about Digital Accessibility Law
• How To Use Underlined Text To Improve User Experience
• 3D Particle Explorations An inspirational set of demos that explores particle animations in 3D space with three.js.
• Game Graphics with WebGL/three.js and Lazy-Loading of 3D Models
• NEBULAAN - An attempt of volumetric smoke star.
• 11 Things I Learned Reading the CSS Grid Specification
• Notes on vertical writing and CSS grid
• Understanding CSS Layout And The Block Formatting Context
• Keeping Parent Visible While Child in :focus
• ABEM. A more useful adaptation of BEM.
• My journey with pure CSS images
• Specificity Visualizer - a visual approach to analyze the specificity of selectors in CSS. Especially useful for large stylesheets.
• Being in control of font-display
• The State of JS 2017
• Is jQuery still relevant?
• Running Mocha Tests as Native ES6 Modules in a Browser
• The Current State of Implementation and Planning for ESModules
• 11 Vue.js Component Libraries You Should Know In 2018
• Vue.js Inspector for Mobile Devices
• React Starter Kit - A free, 5-part video course with interactive code examples that will help you learn React.
• How Is React Different from Vue?
• Finally understand Redux by building your own Store
• React Interview Question: What gets rendered in the browser, a component or an element?
• Creating PWA with Angular 5: Part 1: Getting started with framework, creating an application, hosting it on github-pages., Part 2: Progressifying the application
• What's new in Angular CLI 1.6?
• NGRX Store: Actions versus Action Creators
• An Alternative to Protractor for Angular Projects
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox