FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( September 4 — September 10, 2017)
React vs Angular? Vue.js vs Jquery? Our recent digest includes the links to the posts with the in-depth comparison of these frameworks. We highly recommend reviewing this issue. Keep on reading!
• A Guide To Virtual Reality For Web Developers
• Building a design system for HealthCare.gov
• Lazy async SVG rasterisation. Jake Archibald shows a way to rasterize SVGs lazily with the help of createImageBitmap.
• Examples of what I do every day as a front-end developer (5-years experience)
• How car2go chose a front end framework
• Google officially adds AMP based featured snippets to mobile search results
• E-commerce at the speed of AMP
• The Why and How of Google AMP at Condé Nast
• Putting the “App” in Progressive Web Apps
• Announcing Yarn 1.0
• It's OK to not use Yarn
• 9 Things You Didn't Know About Firefox Dev Tools
• Totally Tooling Tips: Lighthouse
• The Wonderful World of Webpack
• RESTool — An open source UI tool for managing RESTful APIs
• Little UI details from @steveschoger, in HTML and CSS
• Critical Path CSS Generator
• Font-Display: Micro Tip #14 - Supercharged
• The zen of Just Writing CSS. An article by Rich Harris where he lays out how the biggest problems with CSS can be solved without CSS-in-JS.
• Building a Trello Layout with CSS Grid and Flexbox
• Two ways to break CSS Grid and how to fix it
• A video showing how to use Feature Queries and Grid Layout
• Basic grid layout with fallbacks using feature queries
• The CSS Grid Challenge: Build A Template, Win Some Smashing Prizes!
• React vs Angular: An In-depth Comparison
• How I Convinced Our CTO to Switch From CoffeeScript to ES6
• Production Ready Progressive Web Apps with vue-pwa-boilerplate (Jeff Posnick on VueNYC)
• Vue.Js Vs. Jquery: Use Cases and Comparison with Examples
• Reusable, Scalable and Easy to organize project using VueJS ( Part 1 )
• 3 Code Splitting Patterns For VueJS and Webpack
• react-imgpro - Image Processing Component for React.
• You may need React, but not the whole ecosystem
• Firebase + React : Optimizing For The Real World
• The essential difference between pure and impure pipes in Angular and why that matters
• The essential difference between Constructor and ngOnInit in Angular
- Libs & Plugins:
• LookForward.js - is a small library that helps you to create smooth transitions between pages with the easiest way.
• Stream capturing with MediaRecorder
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox