FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( November 13 — November 19, 2017)
How to optimize the critical rendering path in WordPress? Why do you need to prioritize PageSpeed in discussions with clients? How to use CSS gradients on the web? How to use SVG as a placeholder? Find the answers to these questions in our latest digest.
• W3C Strategic Highlights November 2017
• First look at Polymer 3.0
• WebAssembly support now shipping in all major browsers
• How to use SVG as a Placeholder, and Other Image Loading Techniques
• The Ultimate Guide to Bulletproof Buttons in Email Design
• Optical Effects in User Interfaces (for True Nerds)
• Of SVG, Minification and Gzip how to use compressors in an optimal way.
• 2018: 120fps and no jank 120fps
• Why You Need to Prioritize PageSpeed in Discussions with Clients
• How to Optimize the Critical Rendering Path in WordPress
• 8 Lesser-Known (But Useful) WordPress Performance Plugins
• Code together in real time with Teletype for Atom
• Introducing Visual Studio Live Share
• Announcing CodeSandbox 2.0
• Is text sizing dead? About text-sizing and accessibility needs based on old myths and new WCAG 2.1 criteria.
• Inclusive Web Design Checklist. Aims to be the biggest checklist of inclusive design considerations ever
• How to Disable Links
• ADA Website Compliance: A Beginner's Guide
• Accessible Web Apps with React, TypeScript, and AllyJS
• Consistently inconsistent: when the most accessible experience is different for each user
• How accessible is your website for the disabled? Consider doing an audit to find out
• Animated SVG Frame Slideshow
• Codevember 11 #bike gsap svg stroke animation
• Declining Complexity in CSS
• After many years of inactivity, I've updated my CSS Module Timelines:
• How to Use CSS Gradients on the Web
• CSS Environment variables; how to deal with the software bezel of iPhone X
• Take control of your scroll: customizing pull-to-refresh and overflow effects
• CSS tricks to revolutionise your web layouts
• Monitoring unused CSS by unleashing the raw power of the DevTools Protocol
• Getting Started With CSS Math Functions Level 4
• Aspect Ratios for Grid Items
• Using CSS Grid: Supporting Browsers Without Grid
• Start Using Babel 7 Beta Today!
• How Redux Works: A Counter-Example
• Introducing Postlight's WordPress + React Starter Kit
• Do you want to learn more about React? Let's build — and then play — a game.
• Clean Code vs. Dirty Code: React Best Practices
• Everything You Should Know About React: The Basics You Need to Start Building
• Quick guide to Webpack bundle and code splitting with React
• Migrating Angular 1.x apps to React — The Hybrid Way!
- Libs & Plugins:
• ECharts — a free, powerful charting and visualization library offering an easy way of adding intuitive, interactive, and highly customizable charts to your commercial products
• react-scroll-to — scroll to a position in React
• remoteStorage.js 1.0.0 released
• Entering the Quantum Era—How Firefox got fast again and where it's going to get faster
• Firefox Quantum 57 for developers
• Release Notes for Safari Technology Preview 44
• A super-stable WebVR user experience thanks to Firefox Quantum
• Is Firefox Quantum Really Any Good?
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox