FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( May 29 - June 4, 2017)
Friday becomes even better with our weekly digest! Make yourself a cup of coffee and get ready to read about adventures of a beginner in web performance, Front-End performance checklist for production, full page background video styles, and more.
- Node.js 8: Big Improvements for the Debugging and Native Module Ecosystem
- Browserslist is a Good Idea
- Webpack vs Gulp
- How Can I Make My Icon System Accessible?
- Monitoring Jank: How we found the slowest parts of our UI
- WebAssembly: Mozilla Won
- Adventures of a beginner in Web Performance
- How to Improve a Legacy Codebase
- Check CSS Animation Performance with the Browser's Dev Tools
- Leveraging the Performance Metrics that Most Affect User Experience
- HTTP/2 push is tougher than I thought
- Front End Performance Check-list For Production
- CSS Media Queries Level 4 by Florian Rivoal
- Build a Style Guide Straight from Sass
- Is CSS condemned to suck forever?
- A Love Letter to CSS
- CSS Filters To Adjust Brightness, Contrast, Opacity, And Inversion
- By The Numbers: A Year and Half with Atomic CSS
- The new responsive — Viewport units
- PostCSS Normalize lets you use the parts of normalize.css you need, based on your project's browserlist.
- Under-Engineered Custom Radio Buttons and Checkboxen
- Full Page Background Video Styles
- Animating Single Div Art
- < css-doodle /> - A web component for drawing patterns with css
- Breaking out with CSS Grid explained
- scssfmt — fast and simple SCSS code formatter
- Trendy CSS Text Shadows
- ctr — The CSS Framework
- Gradient Buttons Palletes
- Reactive UI's with VanillaJS – Part 1: Pure Functional Style
- Introduction to commonly used ES6 features
- How to track changes in the DOM using Mutation Observer
- Build a simple Twitter Bot with Node.js in just 38 lines of code
- Airbnb Turns to React to Build a More Responsive Frontend
- Why Use React JS for Fast Interactive User Interfaces?
- Getting a Better React-ion with Progressive Web Apps
- Building a React Component Library | Part 2
- Optimizing React Rendering (Part 1)
- React as a Platform: A path towards a truly cross-platform UI - Leland Richardson
- What are the Pros and Cons of AngularJS vs ReactJS?
- Libs & Plugins:
- Cool on Scroll Animations Made Easy With the AOS Library
- Timeline.js - easily creates timeline slider
- AmplitudeJS: The HTML Audio Player For The Modern Era
- taxi-rank — a JSDom based Selenium Webdriver API
- picodom — 1kb Virtual DOM builder and patch algorithm
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox