FRONT-END WEEKLY DIGEST ( June 26 — July 2, 2017)
Angular vs. React: which is better for web development? It's quite a difficult question since Angular is a full framework with lots of tools and best practices, and React is just a small view library that is used in the app development. Find an article about that in our digest and make your choice.
- Visual Regression Testing (how you can move fast and don't break things)
- Full Compilation of React Amsterdam 2017 talk videos for both tracks + bonus!
- Keyboard-Only Focus
- Choosing how to structure our CSS components
- How To Define And Use CSS Custom Properties
- Five Huge CSS Milestones
- Grid layout, grid layout everywhere!
- Font Aliasing, or How to Rename a Font in CSS
- Responsive Typography Using calc(), vw, and Sass Superpowers
- You do not need a CSS Grid based Grid System
- reproCSS A CSS reprocessor using <style> tags. reproCSS demos
- Pop up labels when Typing with :placeholder-shown
- Reddit: Why We Chose Typescript
- esprint - a fast eslint runner by Pinterest
- Browser module loading - can we stop bundling yet?
- Sticky headers by Remy Sharp: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- React Docs: Accessibility
- React Native UI Kitten - Mobile framework with easily customizable elements
- Front End Center — Single Responsibility Components: Object-Oriented Design in React
- Why Angular 2/4 Is Too Little, Too Late
- Why I don't like Angular 2 (and 4)
- The Power of Selectors in Angular
- Angular 4 and testing: angular/cli + gitlab-ci + ng test + PhantomJS + TDD.
- Will Angular still be valid in the future? (Mattias Petter Johansson, Software Engineer at Spotify)
- Libs & Plugins:
- Infinite Scroll New! v3
- Why I'm Switching from React to Cycle.js
- Stickybits: an alternative to `position: sticky` polyfills
- share-this: Medium-like text sharing
Read our web development and
business optimization guides
Compare in-house offshore
software developer payroll costs
Check the available resources for
a quick project start
Join our newsletter!
Get weekly updates of the top IT news delivered straight to your inbox